Address: 4012-14 Troost, Kansas City, MO 64110
© 2011 Community Linc. All Rights Reserved.
Every donation makes a difference whether it's money, time or in-kind goods. Contributions from people like you make serving our families possible.
Facts about homelessness:
- Families are the fastest growing segment of the homeless nationwide.
- Most people in the U. S. are three paychecks away from becoming homeless.
- The average wait time for subsidized housing in Kansas City is now 5 years.
- Well-paying jobs are scarcer, competition is great, and our clients are less employable than in years past.
Community LINC Impact:
- Since 1988 Community LINC has served 3700 families with over 11,000 individuals and 8,000 children with shelter or programming.
- 2012 was the best year since 2007 for increases in client taxable income and for the percent of families exiting above the poverty level. The decrease in dependence on public assistance exceeded even 2007.
- If all of the families sustained their increases in income from 2007 to 2012 and decreased dependence on public assistance since they exited, the cumulative economic impact was an astounding $3M in ADDITIONAL taxable income and $800K LESS in public assistance going to these families. Total taxable income is even higher.
Would you like to tutor children or teach adults money management skills? Check out the many ways you can become involved at Community LINC.
Sarturday September 28, 2013
Sheraton Crown Center